Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Are You say The Right thing -To The Wrong people?"

By: Author Unknown

An old hill farmer trudges several miles through freezing
snow to his local and very remote chapel for Sunday
service. No-one else is there, aside from the clergyman.

"I'm not sure it's worth proceeding with the service.
Might we do better to go back to our warm homes and a hot
drink?" asks the clergyman, inviting a mutually helpful
reaction from his one audience member.

"Well, I'm just a simple farmer," says the old crofter,
"But when I go to feed my herd, and if only one beast turns
up, I definitely don't leave it hungry." So the clergyman,
feeling somewhat ashamed, delivers his service-all the
sermon, hymns and readings-lasting a good couple of hours.
He finished proudly with the fresh observation that no
matter how small the need, our duty remains. And he thanks
the old farmer for the lesson he has learned.

"Was that okay?" asks the clergyman, as they head to their
homes.

"Well, I'm just a simple farmer," says the old crofter,
"But when I go to feed my herd, and if only one beast turns
up, I sure don't force it to eat what I brought for the
whole herd..."

Know your customers and keep learning about what THEY need.




The Clergyman and the Farmer When you are looking to get people to
Your opinion you are selling and if you
don’t understand the style of the prospect [s]
you will use the wrong language, oversell,
undersell or many other things that will not
make you friends with them.
Learn how to speak the language of your Flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment