Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"What's True Wealth-I Know But Do You?"

The Wise Woman's Stone
By: Author Unknown

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a
precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another
traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag
to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious
stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so
without hesitation.

The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew
the stone was worth enough to give him security for a
lifetime.

A few days later, he came back to return the stone to the
wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how
valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that
you can give me something even more precious. Give me what
you have within you that enabled you to give me this
stone."

Sometimes it's not the wealth you have, but what's inside
of you that others need.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of wealth in many ways. This is a interesting way to look at wealth and very true. It is what is inside that counts.

    ReplyDelete