Monday, September 14, 2009

The Power Of WE!

The Power of “WE”
The leader’s language is revealing. I recently came across this video on leadership. It reminded me of a conversation I had several years ago with a manager I’d been mentoring. The manger came to me with a BIG problem. He was having a difficult time getting his team to buy-in to “his” goals and objectives. After observing him in several one-on-one discussions and during team meetings, I approached him with a suggestion.
When you speak to your people, speak to them in terms of “We”. Let them know that you are in it together!
Jack Hayhow does an excellent job of sharing this concept in this quick two minute video. Check it out…

What challenges, in your leadership style, have you corrected to become a better leader?

No comments:

Post a Comment